Garden & Planting Consultations
If you would like ideas for your garden, want to discuss how you can enhance part of your garden or look at plants for a border, a consultation may be all you need.
Consultations can be either a half day – up to 4 hours costing £140.00 – or a full day – anything over 4 hours and up to a maximum of 8 hours costing £250.00.
The day is flexible and largely depends on your requirements. We concentrate on the area you are looking to change.
For design ideas, a typical 1 day consultation could cover some or all of the following:
- A walk around your garden discussing your requirements and the “feel” you want to achieve
- A browse through books and the internet (connection permitting) for ideas
- If time permits, we undertake a survey together and I draw a scaled draft plan on site
- We talk about the shape of the garden and draw up ideas together using my design principles
- We look at paving, gravels and any other hard landscaping materials you could use (with brochures and/or the internet)
- Again, if time permits, we draw sketches of the draft concept design – this only shows outlines and cannot be used by a landscaper to build your garden as it is for ideas only
- You decide whether or not I take away the plan to be drawn up into a fully labelled plan (in ink) after the day for an extra charge
For planting ideas, a typical 1 day consultation could cover some or all of the following:
- A walk around your garden discussing the overall “feel” you want to achieve
- We talk about the type of plants you would like and the overall planting style
- We discuss the amount of garden maintenance you’d be happy to do and choose plants accordingly
- We discuss planting style and colour plus sensory themes
- We browse books and/or the internet for the plants you would like to use
- If time permits, we undertake a border/planting area survey together and I draw the plan on site
- We choose the plants that would like in your garden, taking into account aspect, soil type, sun/shade, high/low maintenance and evergreen/deciduous
- Again, if time permits, we draw a planting plan for your borders/planting areas, or leave you with a list of suitable plants for planting yourself
- If you want the planting plan to be drawn up later then this is an optional extra, and is charged separately by the hour
- I can also quote for sourcing; supplying and planting your plants